This website is a resource to clergy leaders of congregations. It is my tribute to the chutzpa of pastors.
- the courage, week after week, to declare the gracious reality of God with words that fall short every time;
- the courage to stand with conviction, offering an alternative worldview of Shalom to the dominant culture of competitive, often violent ways of relating;
- the courage to enter, upon invitation, into the private places of a person’s life and be there with presence, faith and sometimes sight;
- the courage to lead the church in a time of grieving loss and embracing re-formation;
- the courage to call for surrender to the Christ Spirit that takes us often where we do not want to go;
- the courage to be a flawed leader of an imperfect institution that frequently contradicts the compassion it espouses;
- and the courage to bear the symbols of God, even be a symbol of God, at the perilous risk of playing God.
It is within this spirit that I offer the following resources.
• my biographical sketch
• a perspective on clergy leadership
• AnamCara: Collegial Clergy Communities
– what they are and how to participate
– AnamCara, the book, which describes this in more detail
• Reflections on Pastoral Leadership: an ongoing blog for AnamCara participants, and any reader of my website
• personal coaching services
• books and articles